Course “Strategies for a successful doctorate"
project management - time management – social skills” - Special Offe for Chinese Doctoral students
- Date: 03.05.-04.05.2017
- Time: 9.00 – 16.30 Uhr
- Place: Seminarzentrum D2, Bergheimer Straße 58
- Deadline for Registration: 24.04.2017
Usually, the doctoral thesis is the first large academic project a doctoral student has to complete. Mastering it successfully requires high levels of motivation as well as strategies for the effective organization of work and daily life.
In this course, we will treat the dissertation as a personal project that can be planned and carried out using special techniques. We will focus on the following topics:
- Identifying the phases of a project and their core tasks: situation analysis, goal definition, project structure plan and project action plan.
- Weekly planning and prioritizing: how do I distribute my tasks over the week and avoid time pressure?
- Self-motivation: how do I deal with typical ups and downs during the PhD? How do I motivate myself?
- Analyzing personal strengths and weaknesses: what do I need to improve and how can I plan my development?
- Communicating effectively with my supervisor: how do I plan and carry out goal-oriented dialogs?
In the course you will apply the techniques learned by planning your individual doctoral project and evaluate your working behavior.
Tutor: Dr. Ute Leidig, Heidelberg University, Abteilung Schlüsselkompetenzen und Hochschuldidaktik
In Cooperation with Heidelberg University, Abteilung Schlüsselkompetenzen und Hochschuldidaktik
Participation fee: 30,00 EUR
Please send your binding registration to Ms. Janina Heker (E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), stating your name (Mr./Ms.), contact data (E-Mail and telephone no.) and research field. Since the number of participants is limited, reservation space will be made available on a first come first serve basis.